Queen Mutnodjmet

De 18de Dynastie was een periode waarin veel nu beroemde Farao's regeerden.

Moderator: Thoetmosis XII

Plaats reactie
king tutankhamun
Priester

Queen Mutnodjmet

Bericht door king tutankhamun » zo 03 okt 2010, 15:39

Dr Hawass has written an article about Queen Mutnodjmet in El-Ahram Weekly. Queen Mutnodjmet was the wife of Horemheb.
Afbeelding

Simply put, it is believed that Queen Mutnodjmet was buried in Horemheb's original tomb in Saqqara and her sarcophagus was found. Sadly – as has happened all to often – her bones have subsequently been lost. The Egyptian Museum is starting to develop a record of extremely lax curatorial habits in terms of cataloguing the location of exhibits. It is possible on this occasion that the bones didn’t reach the museum – acquisition records seem to be similarly chaotic – so Dr Hawass in his article reports re-entering the tomb to see if the bones remained within her sarcophagus.

One interesting titbit in the article is that Dr Hawass reports Mutnodjmet may have been the sister of Nefertiti. That’s something I hadn’t heard before and I will research it. It fits into article because Dr Hawass spends time talking about the DNA project. Elsewhere he has now said he expects to report on the DNA of Tutankhamun next month.

The final paragraph of the article is interesting.

I have high hopes that we will be successful in our search to locate the bones of Queen Mutnodjmet. Among other things, we could push our DNA research that much further and identify the mummy of Queen Nefertiti. We could determine the identity of Tutankhamun's father and mother, find the mummy of Queen Tiye, and even discover the remains of Tutankhamun's wife. It was wonderful to descend the tomb shaft at Saqqara -- a real adventure. Adventures in archaeology can often help us to reveal the secrets of the Pharaohs.

Here he is suggesting that the mummy of Nefertiti may already be in a museum – otherwise how could DNA research help to “identify” her mummy? This seems to contradict his reports of looking for the tomb of Nefertiti in the Valley of the Kings – perhaps the tomb being sought under the rest house. Similarly he suggests DNA could help to “discover the remains of Tutankhamun’s wife” ( Queen Ankhesenamun). Unless of course a new cache of poorly identified mummies of royal women has been found?
the defender of her royal highness, the supreme queen of egypt, Ankhesenamun :)

Nofret
Site Admin

Re: Queen Mutnodjmet

Bericht door Nofret » ma 04 okt 2010, 5:22

Is dit echt van Zahi Hawass ?? Vindt het wel een beetje onsmakelijk/respectloos <shocked> <pale>
http://ancientegyptianmonuments.blogspot.nl/

nn ms.i sA.w -- No one is born wise.

king tutankhamun
Priester

Re: Queen Mutnodjmet

Bericht door king tutankhamun » ma 04 okt 2010, 14:06

the defender of her royal highness, the supreme queen of egypt, Ankhesenamun :)

Plaats reactie

Terug naar “18de Dynastie / 18th Dynasty”